My Life Ministries Christian Community

MyLifeMinistries • View topic - Katie surgical procedure-UPDATE

I implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience,
showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:1

Katie surgical procedure-UPDATE

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports

Moderators: Sammer, tmead, gracie37, Larry

Katie surgical procedure-UPDATE

Postby gracie37 on 12.23.2009 5:28 PM

I took Katie to the urologist and she has been scheduled for a surgical test next week where they want to look inside at her bladder. She may have the same issue I had as a kid, so they want to take a look inside while she is under anesthesia. It doesn't take long to do the actual procedure, but she will be under anesthesia to knock her out.

gracie37
Shepherd / Moderator

Re: Katie surgical procedure next week

Postby Greg on 12.23.2009 5:42 PM

When you know the day and timish could you let us know, I like to be in prayer when our kids are in surgery.
Also, praying for you and yours.
James 1:27:
Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

Greg
Missed Blessings
Subscribe to MLMinPray at Twitter.com
Greg
Prayer Minister

Postby gracie37 on 12.23.2009 7:33 PM

It's next Wednesday, Dec 30th. She is scheduled for 1:30, though we have to be there by noon. We are EST.
Thanks Greg. It means alot!

gracie37
Shepherd / Moderator

Postby trekker4ever on 12.23.2009 7:41 PM

would you like it twittered? And will be in prayer. Is this anything really serious? Not that anything done to our children is not serious .
Ruth Ann
Proverbs 3:5,6
aka Bonita Ardilla ( Beautiful Squirrel)
aka trekker4ever
aka T4R
trekker4ever
Prayer Minister

Postby bradmc on 12.24.2009 7:10 AM

I will be in prayer that day for her, I put it on my calendar.
bradmc
Flying Squirrel

Postby tmead on 12.24.2009 7:44 AM

We will be praying too.

tim
The two basic rules of human enlightenment:
1) There is a God
2) You're not Him
tmead
Elder Squirrel

Postby gracie37 on 12.24.2009 8:37 AM

trekker4ever wrote:would you like it twittered? And will be in prayer. Is this anything really serious? Not that anything done to our children is not serious .

Ruth Ann, that would be fine to twitter. Thanks.
Basically,they are trying to find out why she is having a problem emptying her bladder completely. When I was kid (sorry to be graphic) I had to have surgery because I had blockages that kept me from emptying my bladder enough. It could have been deadly had they not fixed it because essentially it was poisoning my system as everything was backing up to my kidneys. I was in the hospital for 10 days (but that was 30 years ago).

So this is a test they have to do on her to see what is going on. They want to put her under to really look at the bladder and check for the same possible blockages.

Thanks for the prayers. Mark has to work that day, so even though I have been reassured it's really nothing, it's still (as Ruth Ann said) my kid and her first time going "under". So I'm not too happy I will be by myself, as I could really use the support while she is in there (listen to me..I am being all selfish now :()

gracie37
Shepherd / Moderator

Postby trekker4ever on 12.24.2009 8:51 AM

Remember you are not alone you have our prayers and the most important the Lord is right there with you He is our Comforter and Physician
Ruth Ann
aka trekker4ever
aka T4R
trekker4ever
Prayer Minister

Postby Larry on 12.25.2009 6:53 AM

Praying for Katie!
"186,282.397 miles per second: It's not just a good idea, it's the law!" lclough23 -Larry
Larry
Elder Squirrel

Postby tmead on 12.25.2009 6:14 PM

Praying for Katie, and her mom!!

Peace!

tim
1) There is a God
2) You're not Him
tmead
Elder Squirrel

Postby Greg on 12.29.2009 12:48 PM

Just wanted to make sure this stayed on peoples minds...
Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

Greg
Missed Blessings
Greg
Prayer Minister

Postby gracie37 on 12.29.2009 7:04 PM

Thanks Greg...we need to be there by noon tomorrow afternoon (EST). Cystoscopy is scheduled for 1:30pm. I had our pre operative call yesterday and had to fill out some online forms for clinical history (its weird to be on this side of it-I am the one who teaches offices how to make them and now I am doing it).

A concern the nurse addressed with me (but Katie is not aware of this) is that I have a hard time getting my blood pressure back up when I go under anesthesia, and its rather hard to wake me up. Katie tends to faint very easily (she did when she got her ears pierced), so of course, that's a concern since her mommy has a history of doing that, too. :roll: And we always have the worry about puking after. Her Daddy is famous for that reaction.
Poor kid doesn't have too much luck on her side, does she? She needs prayers, not luck!
I will be at the surgery center......waiting.
Again, thanks for your prayers! I really appreciate them very much!

gracie37
Shepherd / Moderator

Postby trekker4ever on 12.29.2009 7:12 PM

Will be praying Let us know when you can how things are going Remember the Lord is with her in that room.
Ruth Ann
aka trekker4ever
aka T4R
trekker4ever
Prayer Minister

Postby Larry on 12.29.2009 7:45 PM

I will be praying.
"186,282.397 miles per second: It's not just a good idea, it's the law!" lclough23 -Larry
Larry
Elder Squirrel

Postby tmead on 12.30.2009 10:41 AM

Starting prayer now. Please join in with me in agreement that all will go well and lets not stop till we get the all clear!!

tim
1) There is a God
2) You're not Him
tmead
Elder Squirrel

Postby Greg on 12.30.2009 10:52 AM

I'm with ya brother!

Greg
Missed Blessings
Greg
Prayer Minister

Postby trekker4ever on 12.30.2009 12:17 PM

agreed
Ruth Ann
aka trekker4ever
aka T4R
trekker4ever
Prayer Minister

Postby gracie37 on 12.30.2009 7:20 PM

Thank you guys SO much! Your prayers really mean so much to us!
Katie did pretty well....she started off with having some issues with the anesthesia (lightheadedness,fainting feeling) but then she began some uncontrollable shaking (poor kid is EXACTLY like her mother..same thing happened to me when I given an epidural giving birth to her sister). We prayed and the COOLEST thing was that as soon as I said "Lord, we thank you that by Your stripes we are healed", literally her shaking stopped right then and there instantly! She said "Mom, that was SO cool!" :D:D:D It was pretty awesome to see how God moved in that circumstance.
After that, she got really groggy pretty quickly, and doesn't remember me kissing her goodbye. He gave her a perfect peace :)
I, meanwhile, had my mini meltdown and waited for her to leave before I allowed myself to let the tears roll. I wasn't worried really so I don't understand why I cried so hard.I think the emotion of it all just hit me. But I was okay after a few minutes.
We could not have asked for a better place to go to or a nicer staff and dr. They were so accommodating and let Katie know they were with her the whole time. The dr called me only about a half hour later (she was already done), and said that she did in fact have what I did as a kid (urinary stenosis?) though it was a moderate case (I had it more severe and my real father also had it). She was dilated and the doctor is hoping that what she did do will help Katie from here on.I have to bring her back for a follow up in a few weeks to see if what she did do was sufficient enough to take care of the problem.
On one hand I am so relieved they found the problem and possibly solved it, but on the other I feel terrible that she was misdiagnosed when she was 7 with just having an overactive bladder and that she has suffered with this issue so long. Katie said it really didn't become a big problem until recently, but I sure feel bad that I wasn't on top of it better :(
We are home now..she slept most of the day and I came back a bit ago from spending an hour and a half waiting for her meds. Thank you again for praying :) I love you guys so much!

gracie37
Shepherd / Moderator

Re: Katie surgical procedure-UPDATE

Postby trekker4ever on 12.30.2009 7:29 PM

Praise the Lord He is so faithful to us all! And what a testimony you two will and do have to His healing grace !
Ruth Ann
aka trekker4ever
aka T4R
trekker4ever
Prayer Minister

Postby Greg on 12.30.2009 8:03 PM

That's really awesome!

Greg
Missed Blessings
Greg
Prayer Minister

Postby tmead on 12.31.2009 7:47 AM

Great news. Prating for fast recover and total healing.

tim
1) There is a God
2) You're not Him
tmead
Elder Squirrel

Postby Larry on 12.31.2009 3:22 PM

So glad the procedure went well. Praying that the problem is solved!
Larry
Elder Squirrel

Postby bradmc on 01.05.2010 10:10 AM

I have been praying via the twitter updates. (thanks greg and ruthann)
bradmc
Flying Squirrel

Return to Prayer and Praise